Friday 3 September 2010

Follow up complaint letter Thomson

Mrs C ********
*************
*************


2nd September 2010


After Travel Customer Support
TUI UK
Wigmore House
Wigmore Lane
Luton
LU2 9TN


For the attention of a Manager


REFERENCE: 10/3210422/CC

Dear Sir/Madam


This is a follow up of my previous letter, email and numerous telephone calls which have obviously not been dealt with the seriousness it requires.

When I was assaulted on a Thomson’s excursion I cannot stress enough how much of a terrifying ordeal it was, the two men were extremely aggressive shouting pointing in my face for over fifteen minutes. The customer service representative Corin who is supposed to be dealing with my complaint has upset me further today with her attitude and lack of respect towards my serious complaint.

It took over nine weeks to receive an initial response to my letter despite chasing the complaint. Corin eventually left me a voicemail message explaining a full letter and payment was in the post where in fact what I received was a standard template letter slightly amended which did not address any of the issues in detail and a token £100 off my next Thomson holiday – no detailed apology, acknowledgement or assurance that it had been dealt with by the overseas team and spa in an appropriate manner.

I have phoned twice to follow up my complaint and explain that I am disgusted with the response and the Advisers have been excellent and have said Corin will phone me back as she is dealing with it, despite being told this twice no phone call was ever received. Today 2nd September 2010 she has finally phoned me back after chasing her for a third time and a voicemail was left. I returned her call at approximately 4.40pm today 2nd September 2010 (from telephone number 01204880280 to telephone number 08448711476) and Corin’s attitude was appalling, rude and disrespectful. Please can my telephone call be listened to so you can hear how unprofessional she was, her manner was condescending. I put the phone down feeling extremely upset and have asked for a Manager to phone me back but do not believe that this lady is going to pass my message on. She spoke over the top of me rudely and seemed to condone what happened and said it is Turkish culture to hard sell. She said she can see how it would have upset me but cannot help me further. Corin explained that Thomson’s merely sell the excursion on behalf of other operators; if this is the case then why were we told it is not safe to book on the streets? What is the benefit of booking through Thomson’s at four times the price?


My main complaints which have still not been addressed are as follows:


1) The mis-selling and misrepresentation by the transfer representative and holiday representative regarding the trip. They said it was safe and all expenses were covered when it was clearly not. Thomson’s are liable for all that their staff say to customers, so Thomson’s are responsible for this misrepresentation. Surely Thomson’s are required to undertake a certain duty of care to their customers?


2) The spa people themselves demanding money with menaces - a crime in just about any country in the world. Thomson’s were negligent in allowing me to be subjected to a crime by one of their suppliers on an excursion booked through them.


3) Thomson’s were negligent in abandoning us there when the minibus left without us (we were in an enclosed spa, we were not off sightseeing and forgot the time!) without checking that we were safe.


4) Thomson’s did not follow up my in-resort complaint appropriately. A crime had been committed and I was not advised to inform the Police in Turkey. It is obviously too late to do that now so Thomson’s were negligent in their initial response when I reported the matter to both their Customer Services team in the UK and their in-resort staff. Filling in a Customer Service Report is only an acknowledgement of an issue, not a reactive response to a crime.


The experience ruined our holiday and left me frightened and at risk. I feel my complaint has been ignored and brushed under the carpet which is completely unacceptable.


I am giving a further deadline of two weeks by when I expect a reply by letter and expect the way Corin has dealt with my complaint to be looked into especially the telephone call today and her rude manner.


As an outcome I want assurance that this will never happen again to other customers, a proper acknowledgement and apology for what happened along with compensation. A voucher for £100 off my next holiday is no value to me whatsoever I have lost all confidence in Thomson’s as a company. This experience completely ruined my holiday.

I have travelled with Thomson’s for many years including getting married in Barbados with Thomson’s Weddings in 2003 I cannot believe the customer service I have received from a company which I thought was the best.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days and if I do not receive a satisfactory response or a reasonable offer of compensation I intend to recover the full cost of the holiday through the small claims court at the earliest opportunity.


Yours sincerely





MRS C ********
TEL: *********


No comments:

Post a Comment